Gospel laid out
It is with humility that I ask you to consider this message with serious thought, as your response will have consequences for not only the rest of your life, but your life thereafter. Consider this:
- We are all fallen human beings and by nature, are sinful (Rom. 3:23).
- With sin comes death: the Fall of man produced not only physical death, but also spiritual death (Rom. 5:12).
- As much as one sin is enough to condemn a person to everlasting death in Hell (Rom. 6:23).
- No matter what we do or try to do, we cannot atone for our sins (Eph. 2:8-9).
- God Himself put on flesh and walked among us (John 1:14).
- Jesus was truly man and truly God (John 1:1-3, John 10:30).
- He sinned not once: He was the only perfect human to have ever lived (Heb. 4:15).
- On the cross, He suffered not only unimaginable physical anguish, but for the first time, the Father turned His back on Him.
- This punishment was meant for us (1 Pet. 2:24, Is. 53:5).
- This sacrifice was propitiation for the wrath of God (Heb. 10:14, 2 Cor. 5:21).
- From eternity’s past, God knew who He would save. This sacrifice was planned for them (Eph. 1:4).
- We all have sinned and are condemned by our own actions to eternal death, unless we accept Christ into our lives and turn from our sin (John 1:12, Acts 3:19).
- Christ is the only way to salvation (Acts 4:12, John 14:6).
- He defeated death and resurrected on the third day after the crucifixion. Those who accept Him inherit this victory and are given everlasting life with God in Heaven (Luke 24:6, 46).
This is the message of the Lord of all, from whom comes all authority. This is His message, not mine. God’s beautiful salvation plan is laid out, that God loved His creation so much that He put into place a plan that would save them from themselves. By accepting the sacrifice of Christ, we are reborn and given the right to call ourselves children of God (John 1:12).
How will you respond?
If you haven’t already accepted Christ as your savior, consider this message more important than anything you have ever heard: because it is. This is not because I said it or made it up, but because this is the true message of the infinite and infinitely loving God who created you. For “if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved” (Rom. 10:9-10).
If you reject Christ, know that the wages of your sin is death (Rom. 6:23). However, “if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). You’re not too far gone. There’s hope in Christ. Believe in Him and be free from the shackles of your sin. He wants you to call upon Him. He wants you in His kingdom. He created you and as His creation, He loves you.